Counseling Services: CONNECT
CONNECT is a counseling center at Deaconess Pregnancy & Adoption designed exclusively for people touched by foster care and adoption.
-Experienced Therapists in our Counseling Center-
Therapists in our Counseling Center are adoption-competent and have:
- Professional education and licensure;
- Family-focused, strengths-based, culturally-competent approaches;
- Clinical skills and expertise in treating individuals with a history of abuse, neglect and/or trauma;
- A comprehensive understanding of development, separation, loss and attachment; and
- Familiarity with all types of adoption: infant, transracial, international, foster-adopt, step-parent and kinship;
- Understanding of foster care and the unique challenges that this journey entails.
-Reasons to Seek Counseling-
- Your child’s birth mother had a challenging pregnancy
- Your child had a difficult birth or an early hospitalization
- Your child was prenatally exposed to substances
- Your child has experienced abuse, neglect or trauma
- You are noticing an increase in acting out, defiance or controlling behaviors
- You are struggling to attach to your child
- You are feeling overwhelmed and not sure what to do
- You made an adoption plan for your child and are struggling emotionally to move on
- You are an adult adoptee and considering reuniting with your birth family
-Who We Serve-
Anyone who has been touched by foster care or adoption. Counseling is offered to individuals, families, and couples.
The initial assessment is free and the base fee for counseling services per 60 minute session is $75. A generous sliding scale fee structure is available upon request. We do not accept SoonerCare or private insurance.
Click on this link for information on the HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices: HIPAA
Trust-Based Relational Intervention
When post-adoption counseling may be necessary.