Counseling Services: CONNECT
-Experienced Therapists in our Counseling Center-
Therapists in our Counseling Center are adoption-competent and have:
- Professional education and licensure;
- Family-focused, strengths-based, culturally-competent approaches;
- Clinical skills and expertise in treating individuals with a history of abuse, neglect and/or trauma;
- A comprehensive understanding of development, separation, loss and attachment; and
- Familiarity with all types of adoption: infant, transracial, international, foster-adopt, step-parent and kinship;
- Understanding of foster care and the unique challenges that this journey entails.
-Reasons to Seek Counseling-
- Your child’s birth mother had a challenging pregnancy
- Your child had a difficult birth or an early hospitalization
- Your child was prenatally exposed to substances
- Your child has experienced abuse, neglect or trauma
- You are noticing an increase in acting out, defiance or controlling behaviors
- You are struggling to attach to your child
- You are feeling overwhelmed and not sure what to do
- You made an adoption plan for your child and are struggling emotionally to move on
- You are an adult adoptee and considering reuniting with your birth family
-Who We Serve-
Anyone who has been touched by foster care or adoption. Counseling is offered to individuals, families, and couples.
Trust-Based Relational Intervention
When post-adoption counseling may be necessary.